Hotel offers Northumberland
Overlooking the Derwent Valley, IDEAL WEST Derwent Manor resort is a nice-looking nation household, surrounded by the Northumberland country. Its outlying place permits visitors to experience a secluded country refuge, yet it's near to the cities of Newcastle and Durham for those planning to see what this diverse part of The united kingdomt is offering.
Positioned close to the A68, the resort makes a great base for all those trying to explore the north-east. Marketplace cities, lively towns and an abundance of tasks are only a quick drive away including walking, biking, fishing and horse-riding. The hotel can also be situated near two golf programs.
Inside the resort, guests makes utilization of the ‘stand-alone’ leisure complex which have a 14 metre pool, spa shower, children’s splash share, sauna and fitness center. Visitors can eat inside contemporary, modern-day setting of Prego Restaurant or have a glass or two when you look at the Grouse and Claret.
Where is the best WESTERN Derwent Manor Hotel?
Allensford, Northumberland, DH8 9BB
Operating from north, follow the A69 and A68 to Northumberland. On roundabout, take the second exit on the A69. At Styford Roundabout, use the 1st exit onto A68 and also at Broomhaugh Roundabout, make the 2nd exit and remain regarding A68. From south, stick to the A691 to Station path in Lanchester, then take Longedge Lane to Rowley Bank and turn right onto Rowley Bank and consistently follow A68.
What’s worth seeing in Northumberland?
- Alnwick Castle – applied since the setting the Harry Potter films, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Blackadder and Downton Abbey to name but a few, this imposing castle may look familiar. This iconic landmark happens to be home towards Percy household for more than 700 many years, rendering it among largest inhabited castles in the united kingdom.
- Hadrian’s Wall - Hadrian's Wall stretches throughout the north of The united kingdomt to Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Wallsend and South Shields. In Northumberland, many areas of the wall surface are intact and you will also go to the Roman Vindolanda (a Roman auxiliary fort) and the Roman Army Museum as well as the English Heritage sites of Housesteads Roman Fort and Chesters Roman Fort.
- Durham – while not strictly in Northumberland, whenever browsing North East of England you have to ensure you look at breathtaking city of Durham’s winding cobbled roads, impressive Norman Cathedral and huge palace. Its prestigious university and enormous pupil population mean it will always be buzzing with a lot of cafes, stores and galleries to visit.
What exactly is indeed there to-do on resort?
In hotel’s leisure centre, friends makes utilization of the 14 metre children's pool, spa bathtub, sauna and gym whilst there's also a splash share to help keep the youngsters entertained. The resort can also be positioned near two tennis programs – Consett Golf Club and Slaley Hall searching Course, the latter of which calls for a handicap to relax and play.
Something indeed there to consume & beverage when you look at the hotel?
For a more formal setting friends can dine from Prego Restaurant’s table d’hote menu that serves conventional dishes with a modern angle.
The Grouse and Claret hands over posh club grub including afternoon beverage – it is a fantastic location which to unwind after a lengthy day along with its roaring hearth and activities location which includes quiz devices and a pool table.
Break fast: 07.00 - 09.30 Monday to Friday, 08.00 - 10.00 Saturday and Sunday
Supper: 18.30 - 21.00
- Emerge Northumberland country side
- Conventional country home
- Prego Restaurant
- Grouse and Claret bar
- Leisure centre with indoor swimming pool, sauna, spa bath, children’s share and gymnasium
- Close to two tennis courses
- Dog friendly resort
- Totally free visitor parking
Just what else do I need to know?
- Register after 15:00, browse by 11:00
- Puppies are welcome at the resort, charged at £30 per puppy per evening
- Disabled accessibility rooms can be obtained – be sure to call us to check details and accessibility
- To help make a booking for family members rooms or rooms, please get in touch with we